Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Gengdong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Nutrients 2018 v.10 no.3
- alpha-carotene; beta-carotene; blood serum; cross-sectional studies; elderly; humans; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; males; retinol-binding protein; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; China
- ... (1) Background: Carotenoids may be inversely associated with inflammatory markers (i.e., TNF-α, IL-6, IL-1β). However, data are scarce on retinol binding protein 4 (RBP4) in humans. We examined the associations among serum carotenoids, RBP4 and several inflammatory markers in a Chinese population. (2) Methods: This community-based cross-sectional study included 3031 participants (68% males) aged 4 ...
- Chen, Gengdong, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Nutrition & metabolism 2018 v.15 no.1 pp. 79
- blood serum; body mass index; cross-sectional studies; elderly; fatty liver; gene expression; glucose; glycoproteins; hepatocytes; human cell lines; lipid metabolism; liver; medical history; messenger RNA; odds ratio; patients; regression analysis; sex hormone-binding globulin; tissues; triacylglycerols; China
- ... BACKGROUND: Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), a glycoprotein synthesized by hepatocytes, has been linked to insulin resistance and hepatic lipid metabolism and is suggested to be associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). This study aimed to investigate the association of SHBG with NAFLD in Chinese adults. METHODS: We conducted a community-based, cross-sectional study in China in ...