Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Qiaoyu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.280 pp. 247-254
- ABC transporters; adenosine triphosphate; batch fermentation; biosynthesis; cost effectiveness; energy; exopolysaccharides; oxidative phosphorylation; raw materials; sucrose; sugarcane juice; transcriptomics; transferases
- ... This work focuses on the development of non-food fermentation for the cost-effective biosynthesis of exopolysaccharide (EPS) by using a new strain of Kosakonia cowanii LT-1. This novel strain more efficiently utilizes sucrose for EPS production than other glycosyl donors. Comparative transcriptomic analysis is used to understand EPS synthesis promotion and the effects of sucrose on EPS biosynthesi ...
- Chen, Qiaoyu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Aquatic toxicology 2015 v.159 pp. 208-216
- Danio rerio; abnormal development; antioxidants; aquatic ecosystems; dose response; edema; embryogenesis; enzymes; gene expression; genes; hatching; heart; industry; inhibitory concentration 50; lethal concentration 50; messenger RNA; palladium; survival rate; toxicity
- ... Since palladium (Pd) is now increasingly used in modern industry, it progressively accumulates in the environment, especially in aquatic ecosystem. The potential toxicity of Pd has therefore caused extensive concern worldwidely. In the present study, we investigated the toxic effect of Pd on zebrafish development. Acute Pd exposure significantly decreased both the survival rate (LC50: 292.6μg/L, v ...