Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Z.‐C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Insect molecular biology 2019 v.28 no.1 pp. 52-64
- Leptinotarsa decemlineata; RNA interference; adults; chitin; chitin deacetylase; chitosan; ecdysis; ecdysterone; esterases; foregut; glucose; glycogen; insects; instars; integument; juvenile hormones; larvae; larval development; leaves; pupae; rectum; signal transduction; transcription (genetics); trehalose; wings
- ... Insect chitin deacetylases (CDAs) are carbohydrate esterases that catalyze N‐deacetylation of chitin to generate chitosan, a process essential for chitin organization and compactness during the formation of extracellular chitinous structure. Here we identified two CDA2 splice variants (LdCDA2a and LdCDA2b) in Leptinotarsa decemlineata. Both splices were abundantly expressed in larval foregut, rect ...
- Chen, Z. C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Russian journal of plant physiology 2018 v.65 no.4 pp. 512-517
- Populus tremuloides; abscisic acid; electrical conductivity; hydroponics; leaves; osmotic pressure; pH; physiological response; potassium; roots; sap; seedlings; stomatal conductance; stomatal movement; temperature; xylem; xylem water potential
- ... Hydroponic-grown seedlings of aspen (Populus tremuloides Michx.) were used to investigate how low root temperatures (5°C) affect stomatal conductance and water relations. An isohydric manner of the stomatal behaviour was found with the seedlings when their roots were subjected to the low temperature. Stomatal conductance rapidly and dramatically reduced in response to the low root temperature, whi ...