Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Jiahua, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2019 v.175 pp. 183-197
- aquatic organisms; climate change; climatic factors; environmental impact; fish communities; fisheries management; marine ecosystems; marine environment; overfishing; species diversity; time series analysis; water; water temperature; East China Sea; Pacific Ocean; Yellow Sea
- ... Located at the margin of the Northwest Pacific Ocean, the Yellow Sea (YS) and East China Sea (ECS) marine ecosystems are mainly influenced by the Kuroshio and its branches. In addition to decadal changes in their marine environments, the YS and ECS have been impacted by intensive fishing at both the species- and community-levels, leading to over-exploitation of commercial species and changes in sp ...
- Cheng, Jiahua, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2009 v.632 no.1 pp. 79-90
- Crustacea; Sciaenidae; Trachurus japonicus; Trichiurus; cannibalism; case studies; cluster analysis; coasts; diet; ecosystems; females; fish; fisheries; fishery resources; gonads; juveniles; maturity stage; predators; spawning; stomach; surveys; East China Sea
- ... The spatial distribution of fish on feeding grounds is an important factor in determining their prey composition. Of the factors that may influence the spatial distribution on the feeding ground and subsequent diet composition is the fish maturation stage. Using hairtail (Trichiurus japonicus) as an example, we evaluated the impacts of gonad development stage on diet composition. Hairtail supports ...