Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Jianjian, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.20 pp. 11101-11110
- alginates; biocompatibility; biomimetics; calcium; cell culture; droplets; emulsifying; fibroblasts; gelation; microbeads; mineral oil; models; nanosheets; polymers; satellites; shrinkage
- ... Functionalized alginate microbeads (MB) have been widely used for three-dimensional (3D) culture of cells and creating biomimetic tissue models. However, conventional methods for preparing these MB suffer from poor polydispersity, due to coalescence of droplets during the gelation process and post-aggregation. It remains an immense challenge to prepare alginate MB with narrow size distribution and ...
- Cheng, Jianjian, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Biomaterials science 2018 v.6 no.11 pp. 2871-2880
- antibodies; blood cells; blood sampling; cell adhesion; disease detection; genetic analysis; microchip technology; models; nanosheets; neoplasm cells; organ-on-a-chip; polysaccharides
- ... The high purity of target cells enriched from blood samples plays an important role in the clinical detection of diseases. However, non-specific binding of blood cells in the isolated cell samples can complicate downstream molecular and genetic analysis. In this work, we report a simple solution to non-specific binding of blood cells by modifying the surface of microchips with a multilayer nanofil ...