Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Kedi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- RSC advances 2013 v.3 no.21 pp. 7622-7641
- Artemisia annua; allelopathy; antibacterial properties; antineoplastic activity; artemisinin; biosynthesis; chemical analysis; enzymes; fermentation; genes; genetic engineering; metabolic engineering; microorganisms; physicochemical properties; solvents; synthesis; synthetic biology; tissue culture; world markets
- ... Artemisinic acid, an amorphane sesquiterpene, is isolated from Artemisia annua L. Although having less efficacy than artemisinin, artemisinic acid has a variety of pharmacological activity, such as antimalarial activity, anti-tumor activity, antipyretic effect, antibacterial activity, allelopathy effect and anti-adipogenesis effect. This development has drastically increased artemisinic acid deman ...
- Cheng, Kedi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biotechnology letters 2013 v.35 no.11 pp. 1845-1852
- fluorescence; proteinases; proteolysis; high performance liquid chromatography; plasmids; genes; Enterovirus A; Escherichia coli
- ... A gene encoding the 3BC of human enterovirus 71 (EV71) was cloned and inserted into a derivative of plasmid pET-32a(+) driven by T7 promoter. The expressed 3C protease (3Cᵖʳᵒ) autocatalytically cleaved itself from the recombinant protein Trx-3BC and the mature 3Cᵖʳᵒpartitioned in the soluble fraction of bacterial lysate. The 13-amino-acid peptide substrates with the junction of 3B/3C were used to ...