Jump to Main Content
- Cherian, Ribu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2016 v.132 pp. 36-48
- General Circulation Models; absorption; aerosols; algorithms; atmospheric chemistry; governmental programs and projects; image analysis; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; optical properties; quality control; radiative forcing; satellites; system optimization; uncertainty; South Asia
- ... Aerosol properties simulated by general circulation models (GCMs) exhibit large uncertainties due to biases in model processes and inaccuracies in aerosol emission inputs. In this work, we propose an offline, constrained optimization based procedure to improve these simulations by assimilating them with observational data. The proposed approach explicitly incorporates the non-negativity constraint ...
- Cherian, Ribu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2016 v.182 pp. 232-242
- aerosols; climate models; cooling; dust; monsoon season; rain; satellites; simulation models; India; Indo-Gangetic Plain; Thar Desert
- ... A regional climate model, WRFChem has been utilized to simulate aerosol and rainfall distribution over India during July 2010 which was a normal monsoon year. Two identical simulations, one includes aerosol feedback via their direct and indirect effects and other one without any aerosol effect, are structured to understand the impact of aerosol net (direct+indirect) effect on rainfall pattern over ...