Jump to Main Content
- Chesterman, F. C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Laboratory animals 1967 v.1 no.2 pp. 117-140
- animal diseases; disease incidence; guinea pigs; laboratory animals; mice; mortality; questionnaires; rabbits; rats; surveys
- ... A questionnaire on disease in laboratory animals was sent to 46 research establishments. Forty questionnaires were returned which gave data on 3 055 448 animals of more than 20 species bred or purchased throughout a period of one year. These included 2 259 044 mice, 512 930 rats, 161 620 guinea-pigs and 35 723 rabbits. Replies from 18 laboratories stated that some specified-pathogen-free animals w ...
- Chesterman, F. C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Laboratory animals 1976 v.10 no.4 pp. 419-442
- X-radiation; brain; laboratory animals; longevity; mice; neoplasms; reproductive performance
- ... Detailed data from a colony of C57BL mice kept for research into ageing processes are given on weights of 13 organs between the ages of 6 and 30 months; pathological findings and x-ray results from animals aged 6, 24 and 30 months; age-specific tumour incidences in 24 organs in 3-month period up to 36 months of age. Results of previously published age-related studies of reproductive capacity, dent ...