Jump to Main Content
- Chhetri, Ravi K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.133 pp. 289-298
- chemical oxygen demand; fish; fluorescence; freshwater; monitoring; mortality; organic matter; overdose; ozonation; ozone; prediction; recirculating aquaculture systems; transmittance; water quality; water treatment
- ... To address the undesired effect of chemotherapeutants in aquaculture, ozone has been suggested as an alternative to improve water quality. To ensure safe and robust treatment, it is vital to define the ozone demand and ozone kinetics of the specific water matrix to avoid ozone overdose. Different ozone dosages were applied to water in freshwater recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS). Experiments ...
- Chhetri, Ravi K., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.267 pp. 677-687
- azithromycin; biochemical oxygen demand; biomass; chemical oxygen demand; clarithromycin; denitrification; drugs; hospitals; moving bed biofilm reactors; nitrification; ozonation; pollutants; propranolol; risk; trimethoprim; wastewater
- ... Hospital wastewater contains high concentrations of pharmaceuticals, which pose risks to receiving waters. In this study, a pilot plant consisting of six moving bed biofilm reactors (MBBRs) in series (with the intention to integrate Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) removal, nitrification and denitrification as well as prepolishing Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) for ozonation) was built to integrate ph ...