Jump to Main Content
- Chhetri, Vijay Singh, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2019 v.105 pp. 298-305
- Escherichia coli O157; Listeria monocytogenes; acetic acid; bacterial adhesion; chemical residues; chlorine; cold storage; cross contamination; food pathogens; food safety; lactic acid; leaves; microbiological risk assessment; sanitizers; spinach
- ... The use of sanitizers during produce wash operation is a common practice, but little is known about the effect of residual sanitizers on minimizing food safety risks associated with post-sanitizing cross-contaminations. This study investigated the effect of residual chlorine and organic acids on the survival and the attachment of E. coli O157:H7 and L. monocytogenes on spinach leaves during refrig ...
- Chhetri, Vijay Singh, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food safety 2018 v.38 no.6 pp. e12520
- Escherichia coli; FDA Food Safety Modernization Act; agricultural land; coliform bacteria; food pathogens; fruit peels; irrigation; most probable number technique; produce safety; risk management; survival rate; vegetation; watermelons
- ... Preharvest contamination of produce with food borne pathogens has been a major food safety issue. In this study, we investigated the effect of surrounding vegetation on the survival of natural and inoculated generic Escherichia coli on watermelon rinds in an agricultural field setting. There was no significant difference (p > .05) on the populations of natural generic E. coli (1–1.46 log Most Prob ...