Jump to Main Content
- Chisalita, Dora-Andreea, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Energy 2019 v.181 pp. 331-344
- absorption; carbon; carbon dioxide; energy costs; energy efficiency; greenhouse gas emissions; hydrogen; hydrogen production; natural gas; oxygen; production technology
- ... Hydrogen is regarded as a promising energy carrier with several key advantages for future low carbon applications (e.g. no greenhouse gas emission at the point of use, higher energy conversion efficiency). This paper is assessing from a techno-economic point of view, three chemical looping processes suitable for hydrogen production generating high purity hydrogen corresponding to 300 MW thermal ou ...
- Chisalita, Dora-Andreea, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.211 pp. 1015-1025
- absorption; air; calcium; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; environmental impact; environmental performance; fuels; global warming; global warming potential; greenhouse gas emissions; industry; iron; life cycle assessment; production costs; raw materials; soil; steel
- ... In the interest of mitigating global warming and climate change, the leading industrial sectors such as the iron and steel industry, as one of the most significant industrial contributors to anthropogenic CO2 emissions, is challenged to find more efficient and environmentally clean solutions to reduce their CO2 emissions while maintaining high process efficiencies and low production costs. To find ...