Jump to Main Content
- Choate, Janet S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.342 pp. 19-33
- carbon; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; case studies; ecophysiology; ecosystems; forests; leaves; models; mortality; mountains; nutrient requirements; parameter uncertainty; roots; stems; stemwood; stream flow; watersheds; California; Oregon
- ... Increasingly sophisticated process-based ecosystem models account for the ability of plants to vary the proportion of net photosynthate that is allocated to individual organs – such as leaves, stems and roots. Because the governing mechanisms are still not well understood, models differ in the strategies used to represent carbon allocation processes. Allocation schemes may have important implicati ...
- Choate, Janet S., et al. Show all 40 Authors
- Climatic change 2015 v.129 no.3-4 pp. 555-571
- air; carbon; climate change; decision making; economics; environmental management; freshwater; models; natural resources; nitrogen; resource management; stakeholders; water management; Pacific States
- ... As managers of agricultural and natural resources are confronted with uncertainties in global change impacts, the complexities associated with the interconnected cycling of nitrogen, carbon, and water present daunting management challenges. Existing models provide detailed information on specific sub-systems (e.g., land, air, water, and economics). An increasing awareness of the unintended consequ ...