Jump to Main Content
- Christiansen, Tim A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ecology 2013 v.94 no.9 pp. 2030
- Bouteloua eriopoda; air temperature; atmospheric precipitation; climate change; climatic factors; drought; drought tolerance; ecosystems; grasses; grasslands; perennials; plant communities; plant response; shrubs; species diversity; summer; vegetation cover; winter; woody plants; Chihuahuan Desert
- ... We paired results from climate and vegetation monitoring at multiple sites across the Chihuahuan Desert over the last century to determine which plant species and functional types may be the most sensitive to climate change. We found that the dominant perennial grass, Bouteloua eriopoda, and species richness had non-linear responses to summer precipitation, decreasing more in dry summers than incr ...
- Christiansen, Tim A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecology 1990 v.71 no.3 pp. 996-1005
- Arachnida; Artemisia; arthropods; data collection; habitats; insects; least squares; mowing; pesticide application; species diversity; temporal variation; Wyoming
- ... A 3—yr study of arthropod prey—predator ratios, based on species richness and density, was conducted in undisturbed and in intensively managed sagebrush habitats in southeastern Wyoming. Using simulated data sets, Bartlett's regression generated significantly more accurate prey—predator ratios than either simple ratios or ordinary least squares, so Bartlett's regression was used for analysis of fi ...