Jump to Main Content
- Chuche, J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bulletin of entomological research 2015 v.105 no.1 pp. 82-91
- Hemiptera; Phytoplasma; Scaphoideus titanus; Vitis; budbreak; carbon nitrogen ratio; cold; cutting; eggs; essential amino acids; hatching; high performance liquid chromatography; insects; laboratory experimentation; leaves; nymphs; phenology; phloem; population growth; vineyards; viticulture; Europe
- ... Scaphoideus titanus is the invasive vector of the phytoplasma causing the Flavescence dorée in European vineyards. This epidemic is a serious threat to viticulture that has been increasing for more than 60 years in Europe. We studied the effect of synchrony with the plant phenology and the effect of plant-sap quality on the individual fitness. Thus, we conducted laboratory experiments to determine ...
- Chuche, J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Annals of applied biology 2016 v.169 no.2 pp. 214-223
- Catharanthus roseus; Hyalesthes obsoletus; Lavandula; Nicotiana tabacum; Stolbur phytoplasma; Vitis vinifera; adults; crops; epidemiology; genotype; genotyping; grapes; pathogens; tobacco; vineyards; weeds
- ... Transmission trials were carried out using Reptalus quinquecostatus (Cixiidae), a potential vector of ‘Candidatus Phytoplasma solani’ (‘Ca. P. solani’), to assess its ability to inoculate the phytoplasma to periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus), grapevine (Vitis vinifera), lavandin (Lavandula × intermedia) and tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum). Detection, genotyping and comparison of ‘Ca. P. solani’ strains ...
- Chuche, J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of chemical ecology 2006 v.32 no.12 pp. 2721-2731
- Dibrachys; parasitoids; host seeking; Lobesia botrana; larvae; frass; odors; volatile compounds; food plants; extracts; olfactometry
- ... The European grapevine moth, Lobesia botrana (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae), is a polyphagous insect able to develop on grapes and wild plants. We tested the hypothesis that the parasitoid Dibrachys cavus (Hymenoptera: Pteromalidae) uses the larval frass in its host search. A two-armed olfactometer was used to measure the attractiveness of L. botrana larvae, their silk, or their frass after larvae wer ...