Jump to Main Content
- Ciampa, Lyn, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2015 v.182 pp. 73-76
- Mentha spicata; carvone; chemical composition; diurnal variation; environmental factors; flowering; forage; harvest date; limonene; oils; sea level; spearmint oil; yields; Wyoming
- ... ‘Native’ spearmint (Mentha spicata L.) is one of the two spearmint species grown commercially in the United States and other countries for essential oil production. The two major constituents of spearmint oil are carvone and limonene. It is not known if the essential oil yield (content) and composition of spearmint oil are affected by diurnal variation, and when it would be the best time for harve ...
- Ciampa, Lyn, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- HortScience 2015 v.50 no.1 pp. 85-89
- Mentha; altitude; essential oils; furans; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; harvest date; limonene; menthol; mint; oils; water content; yields; Asia; South America; Wyoming
- ... Japanese cornmint, also known as menthol mint, (Mentha canadensis L. syn M. arvensis var canadensis L.), is an essential oil crop cultivated in several countries in Asia and South America. The plant is currently the only commercially viable source for natural menthol due to the high concentration of menthol in the oil. The hypothesis of this study was that harvesting time within a 24 h period will ...