Jump to Main Content
- Cifuentes, F, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of fish diseases 2017 v.40 no.12 pp. 1895-1902
- Piscirickettsia salmonis; Salmo salar; apoptosis; bacteria; fish; flow cytometry; juveniles; lymphocytes; macrophages; pathogenesis
- ... To improve the understanding of the piscirickettsiosis pathogenesis, the in vivo apoptosis modulation of peritoneal macrophages and lymphocytes was studied in juvenile Salmo salar intraperitoneally injected with Piscirickettsia salmonis. Five fish were sampled at post‐exposure days 1, 5, 8 (preclinical), 20 (clinical) and 40 (post‐clinical period of the disease), and the leucocytes of their coelom ...
- Cifuentes, F. R., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1993 v.57 no.3 pp. 727-731
- clay soils; calcareous soils; soil organic matter; soil amendments; sulfur; oxidation; soil microorganisms; biological activity in soil; nutrient availability; sulfates; manganese; phosphorus; iron; zinc; soil pH; electrical conductivity
- ... Oxidation of S to HSO in some calcareous soils is a slow process that often does not increase nutrient availability. Our objective was to determine the effect of organic matter on S oxidation and its subsequent effect on nutrient availability. Belen clay (clayey over loamy, montmorillonitic [calcareous], thermic Typic Torrifluvent) was amended with 2.5 or 5 g S kg in laboratory and field experimen ...