Jump to Main Content
- Cleveland, B. M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture nutrition 2017 v.23 no.5 pp. 917-925
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; ammonia; condition factor; enzyme activity; essential amino acids; excretion; feed conversion; genetic traits; hepatosomatic index; lipid content; lysine; messenger RNA; metabolism; nitrogen; oxidation; oxygen consumption; soy protein; soybean meal; trout
- ... The level of the essential amino acid lysine is of concern in trout feed. The objective of this study was to investigate the response of different families of fish to lysine-deficient (LD) versus lysine-adequate (LA) soy protein-containing diets. For each treatment combination, there were 5 replicates. As expected, feed efficiency (P<0.0001) and thermal growth coefficient (TGC, P<0.0001) were impr ...
- Cleveland, B. M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Poultry science 2013 v.92 no.10 pp. 2705
- amino acid metabolism; broiler chickens; chicks; diet; enzyme activity; gene expression; liver; lysine; messenger RNA; nutrient availability; nutrition physiology; oxidation; protein synthesis; saccharopine dehydrogenase
- ... Lysine is frequently a first- or second-limiting amino acid in poultry diets. Improving the efficiency of lysine use for protein synthesis would effectively lower the lysine requirement and decrease feed costs. Understanding how lysine is degraded and how the degradation is regulated would identify potential molecular targets for interventions to decrease lysine degradation. To better understand l ...