Jump to Main Content
- Codarin, Antonio, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Marine pollution bulletin 2015 v.101 no.2 pp. 694-700
- European Union; acoustics; energy; international cooperation; marine environment; monitoring; seasonal variation; water pollution; Adriatic Sea; Italy
- ... In the marine environment, underwater noise is one of the most widespread input of man-made energy. Recently, the European Commission has stressed the necessity of establishing threshold levels as a target for the descriptor 11.2.1 “Continuous low frequency sounds” in the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD). In 2012, a monthly underwater noise monitoring programme was conducted in the Gulf ...
- CODARIN, Antonio, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of limnology 2016 v.75 no.3
- acoustics; aquatic environment; coastal water; fish communities; freshwater; habitats; lakes; laws and regulations; monitoring; noise pollution; surface water; United Kingdom
- ... Over the last fifty years, anthropogenic noise has increased dramatically in aquatic environments and is now recognised as a chronic form of pollution in coastal waters. However, this form of pollution has been largely neglected in inland water bodies. To date, very few studies have investigated the noise spectra in freshwater environments and at present no legislation exists to protect freshwater ...