Jump to Main Content
- Conforti, Valéria Amorim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2017 v.53 no.1 pp. 140-143
- Nasua nasua; anesthesia; body temperature; body weight; females; heart; males; national parks; posture; respiratory rate; tiletamine; Brazil
- ... We describe the use of a combination of tiletamine and zolazepam (Zoletil®) for chemical restraint of South American coatis (Nasua nasua) under field conditions. We immobilized 53 coatis from a free-ranging population at Iguaçu National Park, Brazil, with Zoletil. Males and females (1.0–8.7 kg) of different age groups participated in the study. Four dosage (milligram per kilogram body weight) grou ...
- Conforti, Valéria Amorim, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Mammalia 2008 v.72 no.2 pp. 82-88
- Pecari tajacu; conservation status; forests; interviews; monitoring; national parks; people; traffic; Brazil
- ... While once abundant in the subtropical forest of Iguaçu National Park (INP) in Brazil, white-lipped and collared peccary seem to have declined considerably in the last decade. Basic information on the influence of anthropogenic factors on peccary abundance in INP is scarce. To assess the conservation status of white-lipped and collared peccaries in INP and surrounding areas, we recorded encounter ...