Jump to Main Content
- Connaris, Helen, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.17 pp. 6401-6406
- Influenza A virus; antiviral agents; carbohydrate binding; immune response; influenza; mice; pandemic; pathogens; receptors; sialic acids; virus replication; viruses
- ... There is a need for new approaches for the control of influenza given the burden caused by annual seasonal outbreaks, the emergence of viruses with pandemic potential, and the development of resistance to current antiviral drugs. We show that multivalent biologics, engineered using carbohydrate-binding modules specific for sialic acid, mask the cell-surface receptor recognized by the influenza vir ...
- PubMed Central:
- Connaris, Helen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European journal of biochemistry 2002 v.269 no.24 pp. 6250-6260
- Sulfolobus solfataricus; citrate (si)-synthase; crystal structure; electrostatic interactions; hydrophobicity; proteins; solvents; temperature
- ... The crystal structure of citrate synthase from the thermophilic Archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus (optimum growth temperature = 85âÂ°C) has been determined, extending the number of crystal structures of citrate synthase from different organisms to a total of five that span the temperature range over which life exists (from psychrophile to hyperthermophile). Detailed structural analysis has reveal ...