Jump to Main Content
- Contreras-Oliva, A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.92 pp. 490-496
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus; bananas; dried fruit; entropy; freeze drying; fruits; mass transfer; osmotic treatment; probiotics; storage quality; sucrose; viability; water activity
- ... In this study the impregnation of Lactobacillus rhamnosus in banana slices and the storage stability of the dehydrated product were analyzed. Banana slices were enriched with L. rhamnosus at levels of 109 CFU/g d.b. using a hypertonic solution of 50% (w/w) sucrose. The high level of probiotic impregnation occurred at high rates of mass transfer during the first 200 min of osmotic process. Since de ...
- Contreras-Oliva, A, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- chitosan; clementines; coatings; cold storage; firmness; gas exchange; mandarins; nutritive value; phenolic compounds; sensory properties; storage temperature
- ... A commercial solution of chitosan was applied on mandarins ‘Oronules’ at different solid content (0.6%, 1.2% and 1.8%). Additionally, one group of mandarins was coated with a polyethylene-shellac commercial wax, and another group remained uncoated (control). Mandarins were stored at 5 °C up to 28 days followed by 7 days at 20 °C simulating retail conditions. One group of mandarins was stored at 20 ...