Jump to Main Content
- Cordeiro, Rosa Lorizolla, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2019 v.431 no.4 pp. 732-747
- Bacteroidetes; Bifidobacterium; active sites; bees; beta-mannosidase; carbohydrates; depolymerization; digestive system; ecosystems; hosts; humans; intestinal microorganisms; moieties; nutrition; probiotics; rabbits; swine; symbionts; tryptophan
- ... Bifidobacteria represent one of the first colonizers of human gut microbiota, providing to this ecosystem better health and nutrition. To maintain a mutualistic relationship, they have enzymes to degrade and use complex carbohydrates non-digestible by their hosts. To succeed in the densely populated gut environment, they evolved molecular strategies that remain poorly understood. Herein, we report ...
- Cordeiro, Rosa Lorizolla, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochemistry 2015 v.54 no.10 pp. 1930-1942
- cellulases; crystal structure; genomic libraries; glycosides; mechanism of action; microorganisms; oligosaccharides; rumen; topology; xyloglucans
- ... GH5 is one of the largest glycoside hydrolase families, comprising at least 20 distinct activities within a common structural scaffold. However, the molecular basis for the functional differentiation among GH5 members is still not fully understood, principally for xyloglucan specificity. In this work, we elucidated the crystal structures of two novel GH5 xyloglucanases (XEGs) retrieved from a rume ...