Jump to Main Content
- Correlo, V. M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- ACS applied materials & interfaces 2019 v.11 no.16 pp. 14548-14559
- alkaline phosphatase; animal models; biocompatible materials; biomarkers; biomimetics; fibroins; gellan gum; genes; humans; hydrogels; hydrophilicity; immunohistochemistry; mechanical properties; metastasis; mixing; morbidity; mortality; osteocalcin; osteopontin; osteosarcoma; silk; stem cells; therapeutics; tissue engineering
- ... Osteosarcoma is one of the most common metastatic bone cancers, which results in significant morbidity and mortality. Unfolding of effectual therapeutic strategies against osteosarcoma is impeded because of the absence of adequate animal models, which can truly recapitulate disease biology of humans. Tissue engineering provides an opportunity to develop physiologically relevant, reproducible, and ...
- Correlo, V. M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1213 pp. 219-224
- chitosan; color; contact angle; eumelanin; food packaging; hydrophobicity; mechanical properties; packaging films; plasticizers; water content; water utilities
- ... Food packaging films based on chitosan (1%, w/v) were developed by optimising chitosan thin films with different concentrations of eumelanin 0, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 and 0.4% respectively. The properties of eumelanin-chitosan (EU-Ch) films, including colour, water contact angle, mechanical properties, degradation ratio, moisture content (MC), and total soluble matter (TSM), were investigated. The results ...