Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Fiz Da, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of shellfish research 2016 v.35 no.2 pp. 289-397
- Veneroida; autumn; body condition; chlorophyll; clams; cold season; gametogenesis; harvesting; spawning; summer; temperature; winter; Mediterranean Sea; Mediterranean region; Tunisia
- ... Razor clam species are commercially important worldwide. In Tunisia, studies on razor clams aim to promote harvesting and ensure a rational and durable exploitation. In Tunisia, Solen marginatus (Pulteney, 1799) is the most abundant razor clam species although Ensis species, particularly Ensis minor, are also found. The aim of this study is to understand the allocation strategies of S. marginatus ...
- Costa, Fiz da, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of invertebrate pathology 2016 v.133 pp. 27-33
- Ruditapes philippinarum; Vibrio; chemotaxis; cytotoxicity; enzyme activity; esophagus; fish; green fluorescent protein; heat treatment; intestines; larvae; microscopy; pathogenesis; pathogens; shellfish culture; stomach; vibriosis
- ... Vibriosis represents the main bottleneck for the larval production process in shellfish aquaculture. While the signs of this disease in bivalve larvae are well known, the infection process by pathogenic Vibrio spp. during episodes of vibriosis has not been elucidated. To investigate the infection process in bivalves, the pathogens of larvae as V. tubiashii subsp. europaensis, V. neptunius and V. b ...