Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Joana R, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 1250-1257
- Aspergillus niger; byproducts; flour; grape pomace; grape pomace extracts; sodium hydroxide; solvents; sulfuric acid; xylanases; xylooligosaccharides
- ... BACKGROUND: The aim of this work was to determine the most favorable conditions for the production of xylooligosaccharides (XOS) from Brazilian Syrah grape pomace. Chemical processes were performed using a rotatable central composite design where the concentration of sulfuric acid or sodium hydroxide and the grape pomace flour/solvent mass ratio were the dependent variables. Enzymatic production w ...
- Costa, Joana R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemistry 2016 v.55 no.3 pp. 608-617
- drugs; etiology; models; neurodegenerative diseases; protein kinases; proteins; screening; viruses
- ... Protein kinases are essential regulators of most cellular processes and are involved in the etiology and progression of multiple diseases. The cdc2-like kinases (CLKs) have been linked to various neurodegenerative disorders, metabolic regulation, and virus infection, and the kinases have been recognized as potential drug targets. Here, we have developed a screening workflow for the identification ...