Jump to Main Content
- Cotter, M.A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Veterinary journal 2006 v.172 no.3 pp. 455-459
- veterinary medicine; aorta; rats; animal models; laboratory animals; viral diseases of animals and humans; diabetes; Kilham rat virus; streptozotocin; nitric oxide synthase; acetylcholine; endothelium
- ... Kilham's rat virus (KRV) is a parvovirus commonly known to affect laboratory rats. Qualitative immunohistochemical analysis revealed that aorta isolated from KRV-infected streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic adult rats expressed markedly greater levels of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) than aorta from KRV-infected controls. In contrast with the prevailing literature, nitric oxide-mediated ...
- Cotter, M.A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Planta medica 2006 v.72 no.6 pp. 494-500
- Syzygium aromaticum; cloves; plant fats and oils; antioxidants; insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; rats; autonomic nervous system; motor neurons; sensory neurons; gastric fundus; muscle contraction; arteries; vasodilation; blood flow; animal disease models; human health; eugenol