Jump to Main Content
- Couto, Rodrigo de Macedo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.3 pp. 278-283
- Fowl aviadenovirus A; nuclear inclusions; biosecurity; chicken eggs; Mitu mitu; tracheitis; genes; epithelium; birds; Brazil
- ... Extinct from nature, captive young Alagoas curassows (Pauxi mitu) were found agonizing or dead with respiratory disease. Intranuclear inclusion bodies were found in the epithelia of the trachea, associated with marked necrotic tracheitis. An Aviadenovirus was isolated in chicken eggs and characterized genetically with 99% identity to the fowl Aviadenovirus A, as based on the hexon protein gene. Th ...
- Couto, Rodrigo de Macedo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Archives of virology 2015 v.160 no.1 pp. 241-252
- laying hens; phylogeny; thymidine kinase; genes; conjunctiva; polypeptides; Gallid alphaherpesvirus 1; DNA; farms; viruses; virulence; flocks; ganglia; mutation; disease outbreaks; quarantine; eggs; mortality; histopathology; virulent strains; vaccines; Brazil
- ... The virus responsible for an outbreak of infectious laryngotracheitis (ILT) in a multi-age flock of egg layer chickens under quarantine in Brazil was characterized. Layer chickens from this area with circulating gallid herpesvirus 1 (GaHV 1) were evaluated using histopathology and molecular characterization techniques based on sequences of infected-cell polypeptide 4 (ICP4) and thymidine kinase (T ...