Jump to Main Content
- Crnjac, Josip, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2017 v.44 no.1 pp. 183-189
- DNA; X chromosome; capillary electrophoresis; computer software; females; forensic sciences; haplotypes; linkage disequilibrium; linkage groups; loci; males; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; Croatia
- ... The aim of the study was to assess forensic pertinence of 12 short tandem repeats (STRs) on X-chromosome in south Croatia population. Investigator® Argus X-12 kit was used to co-amplify 12 STR loci belonging to four linkage groups (LGs) on X-chromosome in 99 male and 98 female DNA samples of unrelated donors. PCR products were analyzed by capillary electrophoresis. Population genetic and forensic ...
- Crnjac, Josip, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Acta veterinaria 2016 v.66 no.2 pp. 187-202
- DNA; DNA fingerprinting; dogs; epithelium; forensic sciences; hairs; humans; sheep
- ... Animal hairs are an apt surface for retention of forensic trace epithelial samples. The aim of this study was threefold: to evaluate different methods of sample collection (moistened and dry swabs) and DNA extraction (Chelex® 100 method, Qiagen EZ1® DNA Investigator Kit), as well as to examine the morphological differences of hair fibres between two species (dog, sheep) and their ultimate impact o ...