Jump to Main Content
- Crook, LaShaundrea B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Contemporary Clinical Trials 2015 v.42 pp. 196-203
- Whites; behavior change; blood pressure; cross contamination; data collection; experimental design; females; linear models; nutritional adequacy; nutritional intervention; planning; quality of life; rural health; rural population; self-efficacy; social support; sociodemographic characteristics; vegetables; Mississippi
- ... Background: Intervention research in rural, health disparate communities presents unique challenges for study design, implementation, and evaluation. Challenges include: 1) culturally appropriate intervention components; 2) participant recruitment and retention; 3) treatment cross-contamination; 4) intervention delivery and data collection; and 5) potential measurement reactivity. Purpose: The pur ...
- Crook, LaShaundrea B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2014 v.46 no.1 pp. 34-42
- Blacks; Whites; academic degrees; cooking; healthy diet; lifestyle; meal planning; motivation; nutritional intervention; program planning; river deltas; women; Mississippi
- ... Identification of prominent themes to be considered when planning a nutrition intervention using the Reach, Effectiveness, Adoption, Implementation, and Maintenance framework.Qualitative formative research.Women's social and civic organizations in the Lower Mississippi Delta.Thirty-seven (5 white and 32 black) women with a college degree or higher.Impact of dietary and contextual factors related t ...
- Crook, Lashaundrea B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2012 v.44 no.2 pp. 148-153
- analysis of variance; energy; energy density; food choices; food groups; food prices; lipids; meat; nutrient density; nutrients; oils; surveys; sweets; vegetables; Arkansas; Louisiana; Mississippi
- ... OBJECTIVE: To compare differences across food groups for food cost, energy, and nutrient profiles of 100 items from a cross-sectional survey of 225 stores in 18 counties across the Lower Mississippi Delta of Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. METHODS: Energy, nutrient, and cost profiles for food items were calculated by using Naturally Nutrient Rich methodology and converting price per 100 g ed ...