Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Youjia; Wang, Lei; Zhou, Mei; Chen, Tianbao; Shaw, Chris
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.509 no.3 pp. 664-673
- Cruziohyla, etc ; Gram-positive bacteria; Phyllomedusa; antimicrobial peptides; antimicrobial properties; antineoplastic activity; bioactive compounds; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; frogs; hemolysis; secretion; tandem mass spectrometry; yeasts; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Skin secretions are known as a highly-complex mixture of abundant and diverse bioactive molecules and its study has attracted increasing attention over recent years. Phylloseptin is a unique family of antimicrobial peptides which have been only isolated from frogs of the Phyllomedusinae subfamily. Here, three novel peptide precursors were successfully cloned from a cDNA library, which was construc ...
- Magalhães, Rafael Félix de; Rocha, Pedro Carvalho; Santos, Fabrício Rodrigues; Strüssmann, Christine; Giaretta, Ariovaldo Antonio
- Journal for nature conservation 2018 v.45 pp. 1-10
- Cruziohyla, etc ; bioacoustics; conservation status; cryptic species; extinction; fauna; geographical distribution; morphometry; risk; species identification; threatened species; uncertainty; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Clinal variation and cryptic species complexes are challenges to taxa targeted conservation. These issues are particularly problematic for the estimation of species geographic distributions, generally resulting in erroneous estimations due to unrecognized species. However, integrative taxonomy could help to solve these problems, revealing geographic and genealogical limits of species when they are ...