Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Xikai, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2016 v.88 no.8 pp. 4248-4253
- electrochemistry; electrodes; glucose; glycosidases; glycosides; pathogens; tissues
- ... Glycosidases are essential enzymes that cleave glycoside bonds. The presence of glycosidases have been widely used to detect pathogens, label cells/tissues, and report specific diseases. We have developed a rapid electrochemical assay to detect glycosidases. Exposure of electrochemically inactive substrates to glycosidases releases glucose, which can be measured easily using an electrochemical cel ...
- Cui, Xikai, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.19 pp. 11589-11598
- Escherichia coli; Orthomyxoviridae; Streptococcus pneumoniae; acetaminophen; alpha-mannosidase; bacteria; beta-galactosidase; blood; catechol; chemical species; detection limit; electrodes; glucose; glucose oxidase; pathogens; sheep; urine; viruses
- ... We have developed innovative assays that can detect enzymes rapidly. Paracetamol- or catechol-bearing compounds, when exposed to their respective enzymes, released paracetamol or catechol, which can be detected using a standard glucose meter. This approach was used to detect a number of diverse analytes that include enzymes such as β-galactosidase and α-mannosidase and pathogens such as influenza ...