Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: culha?
- Culham, A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant systematics and evolution 2008 v.273 no.3-4 pp. 133-149
- DNA; Digitalis; case studies; genes; internal transcribed spacers; phylogeny
- ... We present the first assessment of phylogenetic utility of a potential novel low-copy nuclear gene region in flowering plants. A fragment of the MORE AXILLARY GROWTH 4 gene (MAX4, also known as RAMOSUS1 and DECREASED APICAL DOMINANCE1), predicted to span two introns, was isolated from members of Digitalis/Isoplexis. Phylogenetic analyses, under both maximum parsimony and Bayesian inference, were p ...
- Culham, A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2009 v.36 no.7 pp. 1234-1252
- Cyclamen; age determination; basins; biogeography; chloroplast DNA; climate change; coasts; hybridization; indigenous species; internal transcribed spacers; phylogeny; sea level; Black Sea; Mediterranean Sea; Mediterranean region
- ... The Mediterranean region is a species-rich area with a complex geographical history. Geographical barriers have been removed and restored due to sea level changes and local climatic change. Such barriers have been proposed as a plausible mechanism driving the high levels of speciation and endemism in the Mediterranean basin. This raises the fundamental question: is allopatric isolation the mechani ...
- Culham, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- American journal of botany 2000 v.87 no.5 pp. 727-734
- Pelargonium; chloroplast DNA; phylogeny; mitochondrial DNA; nucleotide sequences; chemotaxonomy; exons; introns; chromosomes; chromosome number; inheritance (genetics)
- ... Overall phylogenetic relationships within the genus Pelargonium (Geraniaceae) were inferred based on DNA sequences from mitochondrial(mt)-encoded nad1 b/c exons and from chloroplast(cp)-encoded trnL (UAA) 5' exon-trnF (GAA) exon regions using two species of Geranium and Sarcocaulon vanderetiae as outgroups. The group II intron between nad1 exons b and c was found to be absent from the Pelargonium. ...