Jump to Main Content
- Zimmerman, Robert H.
- Journal of vector ecology 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 154-172
- Culiseta incidens, etc ; Aedes; Culex tarsalis; altitude; climatic factors; grasses; habitats; insect larvae; larval development; meadows; mountains; snowmelt; snowpack; species diversity; water temperature; watersheds; wetlands; woodlands; California; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Mosquito larvae were collected from the subalpine region of the eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains from 2011 to 2014. Two watersheds were sampled and sites selected were mainly vernal snow-melt pools and wet meadows. Seven Aedes species, Culiseta incidens (Thomson), and Culex tarsalis Coquillett were collected. The most abundant and widely distributed species were Ae. hexodontus Dyar and Ae. tahoensi ...
- Metzger, Marco E.; Harbison, Justin E.; Hu, Renjie
- Journal of medical entomology 2011 v.48 no.6 pp. 1136-1144
- Culiseta incidens, etc ; Anopheles; Culex tarsalis; environmental health; environmental impact; stormwater; urban runoff; California; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Stormwater treatment systems (STS) intended to mitigate the potentially negative public health and environmental impact caused by urban runoff are highly conducive to mosquito production. Thirty-one STS, 15 aboveground extended detention basins (EDBs) and 16 proprietary belowground systems newly installed along State Route 125 in San Diego County, CA, were inspected monthly between July 2008 and J ...
- Kramer, V.L.
- Journal of economic entomology 1990 v.83 no.4 pp. 1280-1285
- Culiseta incidens, etc ; mortality; tires; biological control; Bacillus sphaericus; Bacillus thuringiensis; insect control; methoprene; California; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The efficacy and persistence of Bacillus sphaericus (2362) was compared at three dosage rates in tires that continually contained cadavers of Culiseta incidens (Thomson) versus tires with all dead larvae removed. At treatment rates of 3.75 and 7.5 ppm, the continual presence of cadavers in the tire water resulted in higher mortality rates. At the 15 ppm treatment rate, mortality rates were similar ...