Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: denis?
- Cummings, Denise G., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2015 v.137 pp. 513-523
- Calanus; Miozoa; algal blooms; autumn; egg production; eggs; females; food availability; growing season; mortality; phenology; population size; predation; reproductive performance; spring; summer; time series analysis; English Channel
- ... Calanus helgolandicus is a key copepod of the NE Atlantic and fringing shelves, with a distribution that is expanding northwards with oceanic warming. The Plymouth L4 site has warmed over the past 25-years, and experiences large variations in the timing and availability of food for C. helgolandicus. Here we examine the degree to which these changes translate into variation in reproductive output a ...
- Cummings, Denise G., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2015 v.137 pp. 498-512
- Acartia; Ctenophora; Noctiluca; Phaeocystis; autumn; cold; egg production; global warming; phenology; plankton; predation; predators; spring; time series analysis; trophic levels
- ... In a warming climate, differential shifts in the seasonal timing of predators and prey have been suggested to lead to trophic “mismatches” that decouple primary, secondary and tertiary production. We tested this hypothesis using a 25-year time-series of weekly sampling at the Plymouth L4 site, comparing 57 plankton taxa spanning 4 trophic levels. During warm years, there was a weak tendency for ea ...