Jump to Main Content
- D'Orsogna, Maria R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2017 v.125 no.1-2 pp. 501-512
- air; aquatic environment; breathing; coasts; dermal exposure; heavy metals; ingestion; littoral zone; marine sediments; phthalates; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; risk; rivers; sediment transport; water pollution; Adriatic Sea; Italy
- ... Phthalates are an emerging class of environmental pollutants whose distribution and effects in aquatic environments are not well characterized. We analyzed intertidal and emerged beach sediments from the Abruzzo coastline, along the Adriatic Sea, finding significant phthalate concentrations in marine sediments. Phthalate baseline levels in the intertidal environment, marked by substantial interpla ...
- D’Orsogna, Maria R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2016 v.120 no.26 pp. 6189-6199
- CCR5 receptor; DNA; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; T-lymphocytes; adsorption; capsid; humans; kinetics; lipids; membrane fusion; models; neutralizing antibodies; pathogenicity; prediction; viruses
- ... Infection by many viruses begins with fusion of viral and cellular lipid membranes, followed by entry of viral contents into the target cell and ultimately, after many biochemical steps, integration of viral DNA into that of the host cell. The early steps of membrane fusion and viral capsid entry are mediated by adsorption to the cell surface, and receptor and coreceptor binding. HIV-1 specificall ...