Jump to Main Content
- Dávila, S. G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Poultry science 2011 v.90 no.11 pp. 2459-2466
- White Leghorn; barley; cages; chicks; fearfulness; heterophils; music
- ... The purpose of this study was to analyze the effect of auditory enrichment (by means of classical music) or physical enrichment (by means of hanging colored string bunches and barley grains on the floor) on tonic immobility duration, heterophil to lymphocyte ratio, and fluctuating asymmetry (FA) in chicks of several layer breeds. In experiment 1, 192 chicks from 8 Spanish breeds and 1 White Leghor ...
- Dávila, S. G., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- European journal of wildlife research 2015 v.61 no.4 pp. 645-647
- Alectoris rufa; artificial insemination; blastoderm; chicks; eggs; females; males; massage; oviducts; partridges; semen; spermatozoa
- ... This paper reports the first successful artificial insemination (AI) of red-legged partridges (Alectoris rufa), the fertility rate achieved, and the length of time sperm cells can survive inside the oviduct (i.e., the post-AI fertile period). Semen from 20 mature males was collected by massage and pooled for use in single intravaginal inseminations (20 μL of fresh, undiluted semen) of eight female ...