Jump to Main Content
- Diaz-Sanchez, J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of plant nutrition 2006 v.29 no.7 pp. 1199-1206
- Helianthus annuus; Orobanche cernua; weeds; parasitic plants; plant growth; plant nutrition; nutrient uptake; height; internodes; length; leaves; inflorescences; diameter; mineral content; potassium; stems; dry matter accumulation
- ... Sunflower broomrape (Orobanche cumana Wallr.) is a parasitic plant that infects sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) plants. In this work, sunflower plants were grown under greenhouse conditions in pots with the substrate infested or non-infested with broomrape seeds. At different numbers of days after sowing, plant height, internode lengths, number of leaves, head diameter, mineral composition of lea ...
- Dı́az-Sánchez, J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Pesticide biochemistry and physiology 2002 v.74 no.1 pp. 9-15
- Helianthus annuus; Orobanche cernua; absorption; coatings; glyphosate; host plants; imazapyr; leaves; metabolism; parasitic plants; pronamide; root systems; seed treatment; soaking; sunflower seed; translocation (plant physiology)
- ... The absorption and translocation of [14C]pronamide, [14C]glyphosate, and [14C]imazapyr and the metabolism of [14C]imazapyr, were studied in the Orobanche cumana–sunflower system. [14C]Pronamide was applied as a sunflower seed treatment by coating or soaking. Herbicide absorption was affected by method of seed treatment, but not the subsequent pattern of herbicide distribution within the sunflower ...