Jump to Main Content
- Dahlen, Carl R., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Animal feed science and technology 2017 v.228 pp. 132-139
- Holstein; alpha-amylase; alpha-glucosidase; ammonia; butyric acid; cannulas; corn; diet; environmental sustainability; enzyme activity; experimental design; fatty acid composition; headspace analysis; methane; methane production; nutrient content; pH; rumen fermentation; rumen fluids; starch; steers; trypsin; volatile fatty acids
- ... The objective was to determine the effects of degree of dry-rolled corn processing and dried distiller’s grains with solubles (DDGS) inclusion rate on ruminal pH, NH3 and volatile fatty acid (VFA) concentration, total in vitro gas and methane production, and enzyme activity in cattle fed high-concentrate diets. Eight ruminally cannulated Holstein steers (526±3.6kg) were randomly assigned to four d ...
- Dahlen, Carl R., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2008 v.106 no.3-4 pp. 221-231
- beef cows; Angus; superovulation; embryo transfer; heifers; ovulation; follicular development; animal nutrition; trace elements; dietary mineral supplements; dietary nutrient sources; oogenesis; maternal nutrition; nutrient availability; maternal-fetal transfer; embryogenesis
- ... We determined whether source of trace mineral supplementation prior to embryo collection affected embryo production and quality. Angus half-sibling heifers (n =20) originating from a common herd were assigned to three treatment groups using a 3x3 latin square design replicated in time (3x) and space (6x complete and 1x incomplete): (1) heifers received no added mineral to their diet (control; n =5 ...