Jump to Main Content
- Davidson, Irvine, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquatic botany 2012 v.102 pp. 15-22
- Zostera; analysis of variance; energy; estuaries; leaves; plant density; seagrasses; seawater; sediments; shoots; tides; vegetation; Scotland
- ... The relative particle trapping ability of Zostera noltii Hornem. was examined in an 8m seawater flume. Two size classes of fluorescent tracer particles (150â250Î¼m and <63Î¼m) were used to determine the number of particles captured by bare sediment (control) and three densities of Z. noltii (200, 600 and 1000shootsmâ»Â²) at three flow velocities (0.04, 0.15 and 0.4msâ»Â¹). Particle sizes, plan ...
- Davidson, Irvine, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Marine & freshwater research 2008 v.59 no.4 pp. 313-321
- biomass; chlorophyll; ecosystem services; estuaries; freshwater; freshwater ecosystems; microalgae; phosphorus; rivers; salinity; salt marshes; sediment transport; sediments; watersheds; Scotland
- ... Microalgal biostabilisation of cohesive sediments via the production of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) has been well documented in intertidal ecosystems and represents a key ecosystem service with respect to the regulation of sediment transport. However, recent ecosystem comparison studies have uncovered a paradox in which sediment stability is commonly observed to be lower in freshwater ...