Jump to Main Content
- Davidson, Stephanie K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Earth-science reviews 2012 v.111 no.1-2 pp. 199-223
- alluvium; climate; fluid mechanics; geomorphology; prediction
- ... Palaeogeographic interpretation of the sedimentary rock record depends on correct recognition from the preserved evidence of the processes responsible for transporting and depositing the sediment. This in turn depends on robust knowledge transfer from previous workers, and the successful exchange of ideas between workers requires consistent use of a well-defined vocabulary. We have identified seri ...
- Davidson, Stephanie K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geomorphology 2013 v.180-181 pp. 82-95
- alluvial soils; basins; climate; floodplains; models; sediment yield; sediments; streams; watersheds
- ... Analysis of over 400 fluvial megafans (>30km in length) in aggradational continental sedimentary basins reveals that geomorphic channel and floodplain changes on these distributive fluvial systems (DFS) generally behave in predictable ways with increasing distance from the apex. These changes can include: a decrease in discharge, a decrease in bed material transport and calibre of sediment, a decr ...