Jump to Main Content
- De Ioannes, Pablo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular cell 2019 v.74 no.5 pp. 1010-1019.e6
- genes; genomics; heterochromatin; histones; humans; leukemia; lysine; methyltransferases; models; nucleosomes; transcription (genetics); ubiquitin; ubiquitination; yeasts
- ... The essential histone H3 lysine 79 methyltransferase Dot1L regulates transcription and genomic stability and is deregulated in leukemia. The activity of Dot1L is stimulated by mono-ubiquitination of histone H2B on lysine 120 (H2BK120Ub); however, the detailed mechanism is not understood. We report cryo-EM structures of human Dot1L bound to (1) H2BK120Ub and (2) unmodified nucleosome substrates at ...
- De Ioannes, Pablo, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.35 pp. 12219-12227
- DNA-binding domains; X-ray diffraction; monitoring; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; proteins
- ... Many intrinsically disordered proteins (IDPs) and protein regions (IDRs) engage in transient, yet specific, interactions with a variety of protein partners. Often, if not always, interactions with a protein partner lead to partial folding of the IDR. Characterizing the conformational space of such complexes is challenging: in solution-state NMR, signals of the IDR in the interacting region become ...