Jump to Main Content
- de Luca, Enrica, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- BMC ecology 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 19
- biomass production; grasslands; microbial biomass; phytomass; plant communities; soil microorganisms; soil properties; soil respiration; species diversity
- ... BACKGROUND: Several studies have examined the effects of plant colonization on aboveground communities and processes. However, the effects of plant colonization on soil microbial communities are less known. We addressed this gap by studying effects of plant colonization within an experimental plant diversity gradient in subplots that had not been weeded for 2 and 5 years. This study was part of a ...
- PubMed Central:
- De Luca, Enrica, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Oikos 2014 v.123 no.12 pp. 1528-1536
- aboveground biomass; belowground biomass; data collection; grasses; legumes; plant communities; rooting; soil profiles; species diversity; Germany
- ... Biodiversity experiments generally report a positive effect of plant biodiversity on aboveground biomass (overyielding), which typically increases with time. Various studies also found overyielding for belowground plant biomass, but this has never been measured over time. Also, potential underlying mechanisms have remained unclear. Differentiation in rooting patterns among plant species and plant ...
- de Luca, Enrica, et al. Show all 37 Authors
- Nature 2015 v.526 no.7574 pp. 574-577
- anthropogenic activities; biodiversity; climatic factors; conservation buffers; drought; ecological resilience; ecosystem services; ecosystems; grasslands
- ... It remains unclear whether biodiversity buffers ecosystems against extreme climate events, which are becoming increasingly frequent worldwide. Although early results suggested that biodiversity might provide both resistance and resilience (sensu rapid recovery) of ecosystem productivity to drought, subsequent experimental tests produced mixed results. Here we generally test whether biodiversity pr ...