Jump to Main Content
- De Luca, Silvio, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Brachyspira hyodysenteriae; cecum; colon; desorption; feces; herds; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; rectum; swine
- ... Detection of subclinical Brachyspira hyodysenteriae infection in pig herds using feces is challenging. However, the ability to detect the pathogen in intestinal samples of slaughtered pigs has not been investigated, to our knowledge. Therefore, we determined the detection of B. hyodysenteriae in the colon, cecum, and rectum from slaughtered pigs. We analyzed the correlation between detection rates ...
- De Luca, Silvio, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2018 v.214 pp. 51-55
- Brachyspira hyodysenteriae; antibiotic resistance; lincomycin; macrolides; minimum inhibitory concentration; multiple drug resistance; mutation; resistance genes; ribosomal RNA; ribosomal proteins; sequence analysis; swine dysentery; transposons
- ... Treatment of Swine Dysentery (SD) caused by Brachyspira hyodysenteriae (B. hyodysenteriae) is carried out using antimicrobials such as macrolides, lincosamides and pleuromutilins leading to the selection of resistant strains. Whole genome sequencing of a multidrug-resistant B. hyodysenteriae strain called BH718 belonging to sequence type (ST) 83 revealed the presence of the lincosamide resistance ...
- De Luca, Silvio, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2017 v.115 pp. 294-300
- anestrus; artificial insemination; biomarkers; blood serum; buffaloes; calving interval; chemical elements; cows; embryogenesis; gene expression regulation; microRNA; oocytes; organogenesis; pregnancy; pregnancy diagnosis; puberty; reproductive efficiency
- ... MiRNAs (microRNA) constitute a large family of single-stranded, non-coding small RNAs. Although the functions and target genes of most miRNAs are still unknown, it has been well established that they are involved in embryogenesis, organogenesis and neonatal birth. In recent decades, interest in buffalo breeding has largely increased worldwide thus focusing the attention on this species as a dairy ...