Jump to Main Content
- DeJong, Ted M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2019 v.276-277 pp. 107643
- Pistacia vera; almonds; asses; biochemical pathways; carbohydrate metabolism; climate; environmental factors; heat; models; orchards; peaches; phenology; pistachios; prediction; starch; temperature; trees; winter; California; Israel
- ... Trees in seasonal climates gauge winter progression to assure vital and productive blooming. However, how dormant plants asses environmental conditions remains obscure. We postulated that it involves the energetic reserves required for bloom, and therefore studied winter carbohydrate metabolism in deciduous trees.We quantified non-structural carbohydrates throughout winter in almond, peach, and pi ...
- DeJong, Ted M.
- Procedia Environmental Sciences 2015 v.29 pp. 83-84
- Prunus avium; Prunus domestica; Prunus dulcis; Prunus persica; Prunus salicina; Pyrus communis; almonds; breeding; climate change; cultivars; fruit set; fruit trees; growers; growing season; heat; models; nectarines; peaches; pears; plums; prunes; risk; spring; temperature; tree yields; weather; California
- ... Productivity of temperate deciduous crops is potentially more vulnerable to climate change than many annual crops because temperate deciduous crops flower and set crops at the beginning of the growing season when temperatures vary greatly. The fruit development periods (time between bloom and harvest) of many fruit tree species (peach and nectarine (Prunus persica), plum (Prunus salicina), prune ( ...