Jump to Main Content
- Dekkers, Dorine, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological engineering 2014 v.73 pp. 684-690
- Iris pseudacorus; Typha angustifolia; algae; eutrophication; growing season; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nutrient uptake; nutrients; overland flow; phosphorus; phytomass; planting; polyethylene; surface water; tanks; temperate zones; wetlands
- ... Floating treatment wetlands (FTWs) may provide an appealing alternative to the more conventional (sub) surface flow wetlands to solve problems associated with eutrophication in urban surface waters, because they do not claim additional land area. This study examined the contribution of plant uptake to overall removal capacity of FTWs. A batch mesocosm experiment was performed during the growing se ...
- Dekkers, Dorine B.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Limnologica 2012 v.42 no.3 pp. 227-234
- Trichoptera; leaves; refuge habitats; stream channels; temperature
- ... The species-specific mobility of six species of lowland stream Trichoptera was studied in flume experiments with different habitats and current flows. The test species were selected according to their occurrence along the environmental gradient from more natural towards highly disturbed sandy, lowland streams of the North-West European plain. Two groups of species were distinguished, three species ...