Jump to Main Content
- Delage, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Engineering geology 2012 v.124 pp. 47-58
- ambient temperature; clay; drainage; engineering; heat; permeability
- ... In this study the effect of the temperature increase on the hydro-mechanical properties of sheared Boom clay samples is investigated. Two samples of Boom clay are resaturated in a new hollow cylinder triaxial cell with a short drainage path and then sheared by performing an axisymmetric triaxial loading. The effect of the undrained heating under deviatoric stress is studied on the first sample. It ...
- Delage, P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Engineering geology 2011 v.118 no.3-4 pp. 93-103
- argillite; clay; engineering; mercury; microstructure; porosity; radioactive waste; scanning electron microscopy; waste disposal; water content; France
- ... The argillite extracted from Bure site (France) is proposed, after being crushed and compacted, as a possible sealing and backfill material in the French geological high-level radioactive waste disposal. In this study, the effects of the grain size distribution and the microstructure on the hydro-mechanical behaviour of the compacted crushed argillite have been investigated. The volume change prop ...