Jump to Main Content
- Delgado, M. Dolores, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2011 v.77 no.1 pp. 201-210
- eukaryotic cells; genes; genetic conjugation; humans; mutants; physiological transport; point mutation; transfer DNA
- ... TrwC is a bacterial protein involved in conjugative transfer of plasmid R388. It is transferred together with the DNA strand into the recipient bacterial cell, where it can integrate the conjugatively transferred DNA strand into its target sequence present in the recipient cell. Considering that bacterial conjugation can occur between bacteria and eukaryotic cells, this protein has great biotechno ...
- Delgado, M. Dolores, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2007 v.35 no.21 pp. 7372-7388
- 5' untranslated regions; DNA methylation; alternative splicing; antigens; fibroblasts; genes; germ cells; half life; humans; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; somatic cells; testes; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... BORIS, like other members of the 'cancer/testis antigen' family, is normally expressed in testicular germ cells and repressed in somatic cells, but is aberrantly activated in cancers. To understand regulatory mechanisms governing human BORIS expression, we characterized its 5'-flanking region. Using 5' RACE, we identified three promoters, designated A, B and C, corresponding to transcription start ...
- PubMed Central: