Jump to Main Content
- Della Croce, Clara Maria, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Natural product research 2018 v.32 no.14 pp. 1617-1626
- Brassica oleracea; antioxidant activity; cotyledons; coumaric acids; flavonoids; galactolipids; glucobrassicin; glucoraphanin; glucose; ionization; kale; leaves; mass spectrometry; metabolites; phytopharmaceuticals; polyphenols; screening; seedlings; seeds; sinapine
- ... We report the spectrophotometric determination of total polyphenols, flavonoids, glucosinolates and antioxidant activity in seeds, seedlings and leaves of Tuscan black kale. The highest content of phytochemicals was observed in 10 days sprouts and antioxidant activity was maximum in 2, 4 days seedlings. Identification and characterisation of phytochemicals were performed by mass spectrometry (MS), ...
- Della Croce, Clara, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Life sciences 2016 v.145 pp. 166-173
- NAD (coenzyme); antioxidants; carcinogens; catalase; chemoprevention; cytochrome P-450; electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy; epigenetics; free radicals; homeostasis; humans; kidneys; liver; meta-analysis; metabolism; models; neoplasms; randomized clinical trials; rats; risk; tissues; vitamin E; xenobiotics
- ... A large meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials has seriously questioned chemoprevention based on vitamins including vitamin E (VE), and an increased risk for cancer among long-term users was actually seen. However, the mechanism underlying these findings still remain unknown. To clarify the mechanism, in an in vivo model we studied the putative disruption of redox homeostasis and the perturba ...
- Della Croce, Clara Maria, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food chemistry 2012 v.135 no.3 pp. 2029-2034
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; absorbance; antimutagenic activity; antioxidant activity; free radical scavengers; hydrogen peroxide; mutagenesis; oxygen; powders; protective effect; superoxide dismutase; yeasts
- ... In the present study the antimutagenic and antioxidant effects of a powder of grain (Lisosan G) in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae were studied. Results showed that Lisosan G treatment decreased significantly the intracellular ROS concentration and mutagenesis induced by hydrogen peroxide in S. cerevisiae D7 strain. The effect of Lisosan G was then evaluated by using superoxide dismutase (SOD) prof ...