Jump to Main Content
- Dev Sharma, Arun, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Crop & pasture science 2015 v.66 no.9 pp. 904-911
- Triticum aestivum; Western blotting; boiling; crop yield; cultivars; developmental stages; drought; drought tolerance; genome; glutathione; grains; heat-shock protein 90; leaves; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; seed development; seeds; shoots; water stress
- ... Approximately 70% of crop yield losses are caused by abiotic stresses, with drought being the most serious threat to crop production in many areas of the world. Plants have developed physiological and biochemical responses at multiple levels to allow them to grow and survive under drought stress. Among these, hydrophilins (BSPs, proteins soluble after boiling), representing 0.2% of the total genom ...
- DEV SHARMA, ARUN, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Israel journal of plant sciences 2005 v.53 no.2 pp. 109-114
- Pennisetum glaucum; abscisic acid; beta-fructofuranosidase; carbohydrate metabolism; endosperm; germination; osmotolerance; reducing sugars; seeds; solutes; starch
- ... The effect of phytohormones (ABA, GA3) on germination, osmoprotectant solutes, and enzymes of carbohydrate metabolism in pearl millet embryos and endosperm was investigated. Phytohormones influenced different aspects at physiological and biochemical levels. In comparison with the control, germination decreased markedly (65%) under ABA treatment; however, no significant change was observed after GA ...