Jump to Main Content
- Dewan, Kanwaljeet, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Conservation biology 2016 v.30 no.6 pp. 1277-1287
- case studies; digital database; environmental monitoring; models; scientists; stakeholders; volunteers; Australia; Canada; Ethiopia; Ghana; Greenland; Vietnam
- ... Many argue that monitoring conducted exclusively by scientists is insufficient to address ongoing environmental challenges. One solution entails the use of mobile digital devices in participatory monitoring (PM) programs. But how digital data entry affects programs with varying levels of stakeholder participation, from nonscientists collecting field data to nonscientists administering every step o ...
- Dewan, Kanwaljeet, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ocean & coastal management 2012 v.67 pp. 19-29
- MCPA (herbicide); conservation areas; environmental hazards; interviews; planning; questionnaires; risk; stakeholders; weight control; Tasmania
- ... Marine and coastal protected areas (MCPAs) are a key conservation strategy implemented globally to reduce impacts in these environments. The involvement of stakeholders in the design and management of MCPAs is considered integral to MCPA success. As such, knowledge of how stakeholders perceive the risks of hazards and their perception of management importance should be an integral management and p ...